Sunday 4 September 2011

Day 3: 24th August 2011

Guest Speaker

After a long day of course again today, I entered class and we had a guest speaker for the evening. We were given a video to observe the attitudes and disposition of the teacher and to observe the strengths and weaknesses of the teacher in the video. We then viewed a second video of Miss Peggy conducting a lesson for the very first time with a group of children. I would say that for a first timer, she possessed a clear, firm voice and gave cildren positive praises from time to time. She was confident, bubbly and maintained the children's attention at all times.

Back in class, I try to give children positive praises time to time as well. However, one thing I had failed to do was to give children the time to solve their problems. Insead, if they were stuck I would help them to swim their way out. This as what Dr Yeap shared was not going to help them in the future to fly as they were forced to fly and would skip the stage of trying out themselves. I learnt this valuable lesson and would make the necessary changes.

We used unifix cubes to make unique structures of many types in groups trying to come up as many as possible. This was a fun activity that can be done back at school for my next theme on buildings.



He needed guidance to use three shapes in making a triangle

Making a square with two shapes

Making a triange with two shapes

Tangram homework- I tried this out with my 5 year olds to help me with the simpler steps to use two and three shapes and subsequently I sat down with two other colleagues to get them done. We as adults enjoyed the activity and had our own fun in completing the tangram task.

No comments:

Post a Comment